Since Android phone and Apple iPhone has launched in the market, there is always a cold war between Android and iPhone users. Everybody thinks that their OS is better than the other one. Android, as well as iPhone, has launched many versions in the past few years. Each update comes with a new technology which attracts more customers. No wonder, the market has taken a drastic change after the touch phones have taken hold onto the market. No one is wrong though, but if you really want to know the differences between these two then find out the details below.
Android Phone and features:
The first Android Phone was released in Sept. 2008 in the United States by HTC.
Versions of Android till date:
- Android 1.0
- Android 1.1
- Cupcake (Version 1.5)
- Donut (Version 1.6)
- Eclair (Version 20.1-2.1)
- Froyo (Version 2.2-2.2.3)
- Gingerbread (Version 2.3-2.3.7)
- Honeycomb (Version 3.0-3.2.6)
- Ice Cream Sandwich (Version 4.0-4.0.4)
- Jelly Bean (Version 4.1-4.3.1)
- KitKat (Version 4.4-4.4.4)
- Lollipop (Version 5.0-5.1.1)
- Marshmallow (Version 6.0-6.0.1)
- Nougat (Version 7.0-7.1.2)
- Oreo (Version 8.0)
Unlike iOS, many brands manufacture Android handsets, therefore, different manufacturers provide different features within same versions, such as RAM, ROM, camera quality, processor, or other features. All the android phones are capable to connect with Google Play Store and your data can be stored as a backup at your Gmail Id. You can sync your data such as contacts, pictures, videos or apps so that when you want to switch to any other android mobile, you just need to sign in with your Gmail Id and all your data will be available to you.
Operating system features:
Unlike older cell phones, you don’t need to stick to just one language. Have the access to your favorite language and chat with your buddies. It provides the features of the different styling of the keyboard as well.
A shortcut to the home screen for the ease for the user where you can see the information displaying on the screen without actually opening the application.
A built-in infrared transmitter in many Android devices, allows the user to use the cell phone as a remote control as well. The TV’s remote operate on IR sensor, therefore, one can download the app and use the mobile to operate the TV.
Near Field Communication (NFC):
With this, electronic devices can interact over short distances. NFC is most helpful in while paying bills, it creates a payment option where users need not worry about carrying credit or debit cards everywhere.
Backup and Storage:
These multimedia phones not only provide in-build memory but are also available for extension. An SD card slot is present where micro SD card is inserted. It helps in taking backup of anything present in the cell phone.
Customizing Home Screens:
It is a pretty friendly feature where you can keep the apps of your choice and remove the others. You can just have an empty page which just shows your wallpaper and nothing else, or the home screen can have your shortcuts, widgets or clock. There is an availability of different themes as well. Therefore, it allows you to customize as per your need.
Open source OS:
It can provide you facility to make changes in it. It gives a chance to customize the ROM, where new features can be introduced.
No Touch feature:
This is an amazing one where the user can control with a gesture such as a WAVE of the hand. Some music apps are operated by waving your hand for operations like changing the song or turn off your screen.
Android apps take control of your system by taking little permission after installation. A safety app would ask for location access once and then it’s the duty of the app to keep updating your location where ever you go. Similarly, call recorder app asks permission for your call logs and it records the calls every time without asking again. Many such features are offered by Android OS.
Apple iPhone and features:
First iPhone was launched in 2007.
Versions of iOS till date:
iPhone 1st Gen:
- Launched on 29th June 2007 with 8GB version.
- First: Version 1.1.3
- Second: Version 1.1.4
- Third: Version 2.0
- 128MB RAM and 8GB ROM, GPS and 3G data, Wi-Fi, GPS, and Bluetooth.
- 256MB RAM and 8GB ROM, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3.
- 512MB RAM and 8GB ROM, A4 Processor, 2 Cameras-Front and Rear, iOS 6.1.3.
- 512MB RAM and 16GB ROM, iOS 6.1.3.
- 1GB RAM and 16/32/64GB ROM, A6 Processor, iOS 6.1.4.
- 1GB RAM and 8/16/32 GB ROM, iOS 7.
- 1GB RAM and 16/32/64GB ROM, A7 Processor, iOS 7.
iPhone 6 and 6 Plus:
- 1GB RAM and 16/32/64/128GB ROM, A8 Processor, iOS 8.
iPhone 6S and 6S Plus:
- 2GB RAM and 16/32/64/128GB ROM, A9 Processor, iOS 9.
- 2GB RAM, 16/32/64/128GB ROM, A9 Processor, iOS 9.3.2.
- 2GB RAM and 32/128/256GB ROM, A10 Fusion Processor, iOS 10.
iPhone 7 Plus:
- 3GB RAM and 32/128/256GB ROM, A10 Fusion Processor, iOS 10.0.1.
iPhone 8 and X:
- 3GB RAM and 64/256GB ROM, A11 Bionic Processor, iOS 11.
Operating System Features:
- Talking the latest to old features, iOS offers live pictures. This new feature is present in iPhone 7, and before that, no one could even think that even photos can be live.
- Slim and smart design. It is basically accepted as a status symbol.
- Great camera quality. Even its VGS front camera offers better clarity than many high-resolution android cameras, and with many extra features such as slow-motion videos.
- iPhone uses Fingerprint sensor from many years but Android has come up with this idea recently.
- iOS 8 has a feature called Family Sharing which provides parental control over apps.
- It has an anti-theft technology.Hence, can allow the user to track its cell on its own with the help of just a login id and password.
- Any Apple product is capable to upgrade its version but some Android handsets do not provide this facility.
- Smart home platform HomeKit lets you control appliances or other stuff lights with the help of iPhone or iPad.
Let it be Android or iPhone, both have their own qualities. Now, you decide, which one is preferable to you and why.
Let us know your choice in the comments section below and give your reason for choosing one over the other.
Share your suggestions and more features which are left in this article.