Smartphones come with a great feature of syncing everything with your Google (Gmail) accounts. So, when you switch to any other phone, you need to transfer any data. You can simply log in with your Google account and get all the saved and synced data in your new device without any problem.
The problem arises when you want to hand over your cell phone to someone else, but it’s having all your data in it. It contains your emails, personal messages, photos, videos or account details. It’s really very risky to hand over your device to someone else without deleting all those stuff. There might be a risk of misusing your data. Therefore, it’s really necessary to delete all your synced accounts from your phone.
Two OS’s are running in the market: iOS and Android. Let’s know about both.
Remove Gmail Account from Android:
- Go to Settings > Accounts on your phone.
- In Accounts, choose Google.
- If you have just one Google (Gmail) Account synced with your device, it will automatically all it’s linked services.
- In case you have more than one account on your phone, choose the desirable account, you want to delete.
- After it opens your account, go to the menu icon on the top right corner.
- It will show the option of Remove Account. Select it.
- As you select that option, a pop-up dialogue box will appear to confirm. Choose Remove Account.
- After the account is removed, everything related to it, such as media, messages or contacts will be deleted automatically from your device.
Note: Removing account from your Android Phone, will only delete your data from your phone. It will stay in your Google (Gmail) account.Therefore, when you will use that account in any other device, your data will be retrieved again.
To know, how to delete your Gmail Account permanently, click here.
Remove Gmail Account from iPhone:
- Go to Settings in the menu.
- Tap on Mail.
- In that, choose Accounts.
- In that, choose the account (Gmail) you want to delete.
- At the bottom of that account, there is Delete Account option.
- On choosing it, a dialogue box will appear to confirm the deletion. Choose Delete from My iPhone.
- This will remove the selected Gmail account from your iPhone.
- If you want to disable any particular service such as Mail, then simply turn off the Mail button, and keep other things such as calendar or contacts synced with your device. Then there is no need to remove the account.
In case of iOS 11, some Updation is made. The below steps illustrate it:
- In Settings, choose Accounts and Passwords.
- Select Gmail.
- Tap on Delete Account.
- On the dialogue box, choose Delete from my iPhone.
Hope you like the article and it helped in solving your query. Give your valuable feedback and share your experience in the comments section below.