Once you got annoyed with the emails from some sender and to stop receiving those notifications, you blocked that sender. Now that the things have changed, you want to exchange few emails with each other. In order to do that, you need to unblock that sender. Well, on Gmail, it’s not a difficult task. Therefore, to unblock a sender on Gmail, you need to follow few simple steps.
Before knowing how to unblock, let’s have a quick look at how to block any sender on Gmail:
- Open your Gmail account and enter user id and password.
- Open any email of the sender, you want to block.
- On the top right corner, a downward arrow is present.
- Click on it and choose ‘Block‘.
- A dialogue box will appear to confirm for the block, click on ‘Block‘.
- This will send the sender to the blocked list with a message at the top of the screen: ‘The email address has been blocked‘.
If you have blocked someone by mistake, follow the below steps to unblock it.
Step by step demonstration to unblock a sender on Gmail account:
- Go to Gmail: www.gmail.com. Enter your login credentials.
- Select the gear option at the top right corner for ‘Settings’. In the drop-down, select ‘Settings‘.
- On the Settings page, a menu is present on the top of the page. Choose ‘Filters and Blocked Addresses‘.
- In the Filters column, all your blocked email addresses are present. Select the one, you wish to unblock, by checking the box, present at the left side of the email address.
- After choosing the desirable email address, click on ‘Unblock‘, in front of the email address (at the right side).
- If you want to unblock all the blocked contacts, select ‘All‘, below all the blocked email addresses. Choose ‘Unblock selected addresses‘ at the bottom.
- After clicking on unblock, a dialogue box will appear for the confirmation. Click the ‘Unblock‘ button.
- After this, a popup will appear on the top of the screen showing ‘The email address has been unblocked‘.
Now you can go back to your Gmail Inbox and check your unblocked account. You can exchange emails or chats with that particular email address.
Hope this has helped you in solving your problem.
Don’t forget to share your views and suggestions in the comments section below.