What is SEO (SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION) ?
To answer, What is SEO and why your website needs SEO we need it understand all aspects of SEO. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and it’s basically a process of optimizing your website to generate free traffic for free search results on search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo etc. It is something like ranking your website for different sets of keywords. All major search engines have some primary search results, where web pages and other content such as videos are shown to users that is the result that has been more searched based on what the search engine considers most relevant.
In general, the search result page consist of the list of most frequently visited websites that appears in the search result list depending upon the number of visitors it will receive from the search engine’s users; then these visitors are converted into customers. SEO may point out different kinds of search including image, audio, video , academic , news search etc.
As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO is considered as how search engines works, what people search for, the algorithms that dictates search enginesbehavior , the keywords typed into search engines, and which of the search engines are preferred by the target audience.
Whenever you enter a query in a search engine and hit ‘enter’, you get a list of web results that contain the query term. Users normally visit to the websites that is most visited or at top list and they perceive those to be more relevant. If you would ever think of these types of websites, you must know that this is because of the powerful webmarketing technique called Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Till now you might have got the answer of question what is SEO. Now lets discuss how it works.
Process of SEO-
Before beginning a Search engine optimization (SEO), it is important to understand the process involved in an effective way:
- Research- Research means identifying a group of keyword phrases that will be used in optimization.
- Reporting and goal setting- After establishing your targeted keyword phrases and starting the position relative to site’s competitive set, it is important to understand what the subject site’s starting position is within the search engines.
- Content building- It is important as a site is loaded with high-quality content of interest to site users that will make users to stay and come back.
- Page optimizing- It include the page title, text-based navigation, site map, clean up code etc.
- Social and link building- online sharing is very much important as through it marketing Is done.
- Follow up reporting and analysis- it is known as the initial phase in the process of SEO.
Why a website needs SEO?
Search Engines are the primary method of navigation for most of the Internet users. Every search engine has a separate recipe. They provide targeted traffic i.epeople looking for what you offer. If search engines cannot find your site it simply means that you miss out the incredible opportunities to drive traffic to your site.
The words that users type into the search box is something like having extraordinary value. It is to be seen that search engine traffic can make an individual success. Targeted traffic to a website can provide publicity, revenue and exposure.
How search engine works?
Search engine perform various activities in order to deliver search results-
- Crawling- search engine crawl the web to see what is there. This is performed by a piece of software, called crawler or spider.
- Indexing- After a page is crawled, the next step is to index its content. Indexing is done by identifying the words and expressions that best describe the page.
- Processing- when the search request comes, the search engine processes it- that means it compares the search string in the search request with the indexed page in the database.
- Calculating and relevancy- if you think of that how the calculating is done than you must think of that firstly, more than one page should contain the search string and after that automatically, the search engine will start calculating the relevancy of each page in the index with the search string.
- Retrieving-The last step is retrieving of the results that means displaying the results in the browser.
If you are actually looking for improving search traffic and are unfamiliar with SEO, you must need to go through the above reading. I have tried my best to make you as concise as possible to make you easily understand about SEO.